How the Climate Investment Platform Can Support SIDS to Boost their Climate Action and Energy Security
Time & Location
About the Event
The Island Finance Forum (13-16 April) brings together senior financiers, development partners and regulators to share and exchange expertise on sustainable and inclusive financial structures in island communities.
UNDP’s Climate Investment Platform (CIP) Global Lead and Senior Principal Advisor for Small Island Developing States (SIDS) Riad Meddeb will take part in the Forum’s opening session on Wednesday 14 April at 8am EDT to announce the CIP's first call for proposals, aimed at catalysing clean energy investments in SIDS.
- Hon. Allen Chastanet, Prime Minister of Saint Lucia
- Hon. Frank Bainimarama, Prime Minister of Fiji
- Hon. Gaston Browne, Prime Minister of Antigua & Barbuda and Chair of the Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS)
- Hon. Bob Loughman Weibur, Prime Minister of the Republic of Vanuatu
- Hon. Lord Zac Goldsmith, Minister for Pacific & Environment, UK Government
- Ms. Fekitamoeloa Katoa ‘Utoikamanu, High Representative for the Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island Developing States, UN-OHRLLS
- Riad Meddeb, Senior Principal Advisor for Small Island Developing States and Climate Investment Platform Global Lead, UNDP
Tune in for more information on the call for proposals, and on how the CIP can be a key partner for SIDS looking to boost their climate action and energy security. Find out more and register here.